Our client is a high-growth defense technology company that has seen revenues increase over 300% over the past 3 years. Privately owned and top-secret cleared, our client leverages cutting edge IoT research to provide high-tech firearm accessories and analytics to military and professional security forces worldwide.
Position Roles & Responsibilities:
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
- Collaborate with the CEO or top-level executive in setting quantifiable organizational goals and strategies.
- Help translate high-level strategic objectives into actionable plans for various departments.
Facilitation of Communication:
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and other departments or stakeholders.
- Ensure effective communication flow within the organization.
- Oversee key projects and initiatives, ensuring they align with organizational objectives.
- Monitor project timelines, milestones, and resource allocation.
- Assess inquiries directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action, and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to the CEO based on data, research, and analysis.
- Help in evaluating options and making informed decisions.
Team Management and Leadership:
- Ensure all staff issues are addressed properly, efficiently, and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness to existing operations
Policy Development and Implementation:
- Assist in the creation and implementation of organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Play a key role in managing and mitigating crises or emergencies within the organization.
- Provide support in developing and executing crisis communication plans.
Performance Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and report on progress toward organizational
- Goals (such as $200K-300K average revenue per employee)
- Prepare regular reports and updates for the CEO or board of directors.
- Assist in the development and management of budgets, ensuring resources are allocated effectively.
- Monitor expenses and financial performance against targets.
Special Projects and Initiatives:
- Lead or participate in special projects or initiatives that require top-level oversight.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, including clients, partners, and government agencies.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and operational efficiency, targeting operational cost savings of 5-10% annually through process improvements
- Drive initiatives to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Represent the CEO or organization at key events, meetings, or conferences.
- Facilitate and lead regular senior management meetings and cross-functional team meetings to maintain alignment with company KPIs
Confidentiality and Discretion:
- Handle sensitive information with utmost confidentiality and discretion.
Qualifications and Candidate Background
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business or product management role, with strategic planning, operations, or project management in defense or high-tech industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience managing communication at executive levels.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning; adept at briefing executives and providing recommendations with clear rationale and supporting analytics.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Highly resourceful, with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends and regulations in the defense technology sector is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of organizing and directing multiple teams and departments, with evidence of achieving operational efficiency improvements. (Organization and prioritization are your super powers)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field; MBA or equivalent is preferred.
The position is located in Washington D. C., with 30% travel.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2742 in your email.