Our client is a leading service provider to middle-market finance, technology, and private equity clients, providing a variety of tools to help organizations accelerate value creation. They are backed by a leading finance-focused PE firm and currently at $140M in revenue. They have robust funding with plans to target one acquisition per quarter for a total of $10M EBITDA in acquisitions per year.
Our client is seeking an energetic team player with high EQ and an entrepreneurial mentality who can manage multiple projects with limited support. As VP of M&A, you'll lead the entire M&A process from sourcing through deal close, with light integration planning and handoff to the integration team.
- Own the entire process end-to-end, including sourcing, valuation, negotiations, due diligence, and close
- Develop and maintain an active M&A pipeline and nurture relationships with potential sellers
- Proactively pursue opportunities and identify effective ways to engage with management teams
- Develop robust financial models to ensure alignment of financial and operational assumptions
- Produce rigorous synergy analyses/ integration business case modeling to evaluate opportunities
- Coordinate with stakeholders and third parties, quarterbacking the deal to ensure a timely close
- Act as a thought partner contributing insights and recommendations to inform the overall strategy
Qualifications and Candidate Background
- Proven track record independent deal sourcing & negotiations
- Strong financial modeling, valuation, and synergy analysis
- Ability to quarterback the due diligence process
- Entrepreneurial - eager to role up sleeves & be hands on
- High EQ - able to build and maintain relationships
- Self-directed - brings the initiative to act independently
- Strategic - able to identify opportunities & understand key business drivers
Chicago preferred, but commuting is possible for the right fit
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2714 in your email.