Our client is a high-growth, pre-IPO company specializing in cutting-edge lithium-ion batteries with a proven market fit. Their customers include F500 defense companies and a growing list of re-shored manufacturing and supply chain businesses. They are leaders in their field with regard to energy density, safety, and low temperature performance. They have sold over 100,000 units to date and have established their patented li-ion technology across multiple industries, including Defense, Aerospace, Medtech, and EV.
The Chief Financial Officer will spearhead the company’s fundraising effort, work with the current controller to professionalize the finance function for the expanding manufacturing operation and lead the Initial Public Offering. Their current goals are to attain approximately $100M+ in additional funding and complete an IPO within the next 36 months. The ideal candidate has familiarity with next-gen electrification and renewables ecosystem or high-growth technology companies, extensive experience with fundraising and investor relations, financing for rapid-growth, and IPO readiness or transaction experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
Build a strategic finance function focused on fundraising and IPO-readiness
- Focus on company-wide implementation of systems and processes to ensure a top-tier compliance and reporting system, strong external auditor relations, and transparency for investors and SEC
- Analyze, position, and prepare materials for fundraising and investment purposes with the goal of raising $100M+ and leading IPO within the next 36 months
- Build or leverage existing relationships with finance institutions, family offices, Private Equity, etc. to drive potential investment opportunities
Actively participate and provide financial leadership for the development of business strategies and plans, as well as their execution
- Lead forecasting, budgeting, and financial planning, ensuring robust and accurate cash flow planning, forecasting, and tracking as well as scenario analyses
- Assist in refining finance and accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and analytical processes
- Insightfully present information to senior leadership and other stakeholders
- Assist in building and scaling teams alongside company growth
Implement ERP system and ensure integrity of systems and processes
- Select and implement a scalable ERP system
- Standardize systems, develop SOPs, and ensure system resilience and knowledge transfer
- Build out well-defined data flows and processes across the organization
- Track KPIs for strategic goals and shareholder value creation
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- 12+ years of finance-focused experience, with a position as CFO or head of finance following a background in investment banking, transaction advisory, or related function Deep experience with fundraising and IPO preparation with related network of finance institutions, family offices, Private Equity, etc.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting (including GAAP), budgeting, and cost control principles
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to act as a thought partner to leaders across the organization
- Highly effective communication skills, EQ, and executive presence with strong fundraising, business development, and networking capabilities
- Experience scaling early-stage businesses in related industries or sectors, including manufacturing, energy storage, and distribution
The company is in Carlsbad, CA, and the role will be remote plus frequent travel.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2683 in your email.