Our client is a high-growth private-label and contract candy manufacturer. The company is backed by an operationally focused private equity firm that provides strategic guidance without constrained time horizons, allowing long-term growth before exit. The company has seen immense growth and recently expanded its top line from $20M to $100M in revenues, making possible the construction of a major new production facility that will sustain further expansion.
They are seeking a Vice President of Manufacturing to plan, organize, and direct operations, including manufacturing, maintenance, procurement, distribution, Plex systems, and scheduling. The role will report directly to the company President.
- Manage the budget and overall P&L
- Oversee all operational strategy and implementation, including overall plant readiness and effectiveness
- Meet or exceed KPIs for Quality, Safety, On-Time Delivery, and cost objectives
- Assist Company President in overseeing all projects, plans, strategies, and priorities
- Drive continuous improvement & capital projects through data and systematic processes
- Optimize capacities and throughput across all departments
- Analyze financials & performance data to improve P&L, productivity, and goal achievement
- Provide regular performance updates to senior leadership and the Board
- Strive to exceed budgeted production and financial goals
- Build and train the team
- Assist in the mentoring and professional development of employees
- Drive ad-hoc initiatives and projects under the direction of the company President
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum three years with the responsibilities of production, procurement, inventory control, production control, and P&L
- Previous operations experience in manufacturing (required)
- F&B manufacturing experience (strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or business (preferred)
- Strong strategic planning & problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing and promoting lean principles
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel
- A detail-oriented & highly organized approach
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – positive attitude & willingness to learn new things
- Excellent professional communication skills
Salt Lake City Metro Area, on site
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2631 in your email.