Our client is a data security company backed by a top-20 PE firm. Their solutions enable their customers to identify and protect sensitive data and provide assistance with compliance auditing. They have been on a very exciting growth trajectory over the past two years (both organic and inorganic), making 9 acquisitions and scaling their product offerings significantly.
Our client is looking to bring in a VP of Technical Support to head up their team of 150+ technical engineers. The ideal candidate has significant management experience in a customer success / technical support space and will be able to span a complex matrix of solutions, organizing the engineers to ensure alignment between products and subject matter expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership to the technical support team - 150 people in total
- Organize teams to ensure expertise across our client’s 17 product families and 150+ product applications - align product knowledge with solution sets and organize teams with subject matter expertise
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve processes and automation
- Leverage knowledge of enterprise-level systems to help build out robust commercial and enterprise operations plans
- Work with executives on the customer teams to drive efficiencies and set up a solid foundation for future company growth
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- Effective communication skills - possess a high EQ and the executive presence required for influencing decision making internally, and interacting with key C-suite external stakeholders
- Experience managing a young team and nurturing more junior colleagues
- Natural instincts to balance confidence, humility, and diplomacy – able to work with employees at all levels
- Successful track record of working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- The ability to work well as a thought partner to leaders across the organization and drive internal alignment
- Be able to inspire dynamic teams that produce results in a rapidly scaling organization
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Roll-up sleeves "do-er" who is hungry to make the next step in their career
The role is remote, with a preference for east coast time zones.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2597 in your email.