HCSC is the largest private, member-owned health insurer in the United States and is committed to making access to high quality and cost-effective health care more equitable. Serving over 17 million members across the 5 states of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas, HCSC’s pioneering health plans enable patients and consumers to lead healthier and more fulfilling lives.
HCSC is looking to build out their Strategy team, which will have four exciting core functions:
- Corporate strategy & planning: develop and cascade enterprise strategy, as well as a tangible corporate level execution roadmap
- New business initiatives: develop strategy and execution plan for critical new business areas, such as behavioral health, home health, virtual primary care
- Portfolio and platform enablement: facilitate capital allocation and provide strategic guidance to drive towards future state while delivering tangible benefits
- Enterprise transformation: drive operating model transformation to improve efficiency and enhance experience
HCSC is looking to build out their portfolio and platform enablement team, from Senior Director level through to Senior Consultant and Principal Consultant. The portfolio and platform enablement team will help steer internal investments to deliver business impacts, build a future state platform, and leverage data and analytics to enable improved health outcomes and lower costs. The ideal candidate will have a background in management consulting, with good exposure to healthcare projects and PMO work.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Partnering with business leaders to develop a clear vision around the future state healthcare platform that connects various stakeholders to serve the comprehensive health and wellbeing needs of HCSC members
- Developing a roadmap to build towards a future state with practical capacity and capability considerations
- Supporting evolution toward a platform operating model to drive efficiencies and support future growth, emphasizing digital solutions and strategies
- Assisting strategic planning for major cross-enterprise projects, including large-scale IT and AI-enabled transformations
- Helping to introduce, explore, & present justification for investment business cases (internal + external) in alignment with corporate strategy
- Building organizational capacity around developing business cases and conducting analytics
- Collaborating cross-functionally as needed to achieve goals and desired outcomes
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Substantial experience in the healthcare space
- Deep familiarity with modern technology and IT stacks – cloud, data management, micro-services, analytics tools, interaction tools, security, AI, etc.
- Strong finance and operations background, with exposure to capital allocation and managing annual budgets and revenue cycle
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – a strong storyteller who can connect the dots between high-level business objectives and concrete action plans
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, quickly evolving organization and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to think and plan long-term (3-5 years into the next business cycle)
- Bachelor’s degree required, with MBA and/or other advanced degree (MS Finance, MPH, MHA) a plus
The position is located in Chicago or Dallas. Generous relocation package included.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2548 in your email.