HCSC is the largest private, member-owned health insurer in the United States and is committed to making access to high quality and cost-effective health care more equitable. Serving over 17 million members across the 5 states of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas, HCSC’s pioneering health plans enable patients and consumers to lead healthier and more fulfilling lives.
HCSC is looking to build out their Strategy team, which will have four exciting core functions:
- Corporate strategy & planning: develop and cascade enterprise strategy, as well as a tangible corporate level execution roadmap
- New business initiatives: develop strategy and execution plan for critical new business areas, such as behavioral health, home health, virtual primary care
- Portfolio and platform enablement: facilitate capital allocation and provide strategic guidance to drive towards future state while delivering tangible benefits
- Enterprise transformation: drive operating model transformation to improve efficiency and enhance experience
HCSC is looking to add Directors and Senior Directors to the Portfolio and Platform Enablement team. This individual will help to steer internal investments to deliver business impacts and build a future state platform, further leveraging data and analytics to enable improved health outcome and lower costs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing a clear vision around the future state healthcare platform that connects various stakeholders to serve comprehensive health and wellbeing needs of our members
- Developing a roadmap to build towards future state with practical capacity and capability considerations
- Supporting evolution toward a platform operating model to drive efficiencies and support future growth
- Framing and leading strategic planning for major cross-enterprise projects
- Evaluating investment business cases (internal + external) for alignment with corporate strategy
- Building organizational capacity around developing business cases and conducting analytics
- Maintaining and growing a set of cross-functional relationships to achieve goals and desired outcomes
- Working with leadership to ensure alignment among corporate, line of business, and divisional strategies
- Leading development / coordination of presentations, communications, planning materials and other strategy-related documents that are both internally- and externally impacting
- Providing oversight and leadership to develop more junior members of the team
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Strategic consulting experience or experience in corporate strategy for a large company
- Experience working in healthcare, especially with health plans
- Knowledge of strategic planning techniques and industry trends; experience leading and formulating strategy
- Familiarity with modern technology stack – cloud, data management, micro-services, analytics tools, interaction tools, security, etc.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses and providing informed insights and recommendations
- Proactive identification and resolution of increasingly complex problems with minimal oversight
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability to build strong connections with people and teams, drive results by working across a matrixed environment, and work directly with corporate leadership
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels, including senior executives
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, quickly evolving organization and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Advanced degree such as MBA, Ph.D., MHA, or MPH is preferred
- External strategic consulting experience with a top-tier consulting firm is preferred
The position is located in Chicago or Dallas. Generous relocation package included.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2548 in your email.