Our client is a leading Los Angeles-based private equity firm with over $1.6 billion of committed capital that recently closed its sophomore fund. They are a control-oriented investor primarily focused on middle market, service-based businesses. The firm invests across the capital structure and in all market environments to help accelerate the growth of high-quality companies.
Our client is seeking a new Chief of Staff who will drive strategic initiatives and operational improvements internally across the organization – with the ultimate goal of improving deal flow, optimizing management of the firm’s portfolio companies, and driving returns for investors.
This is a highly visible, multi-faceted position that reports to the firm’s Co-Founders. The Chief of Staff will serve as strategic decision-framer, project manager, analyst, change agent, and coach, while working cross-functionally with internal deal teams, back office, limited partners, portfolio company executives, third-party service providers, and other outside relationships. This position offers a great opportunity to gain a broad range of experience within a private equity firm. You will be a part of an energetic team with the ability to contribute to a growing, entrepreneurial firm.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Strategic Planning and Alignment
- Identify and own strategic initiatives related to growth and operational process improvement
- Support long-term strategic planning processes, and administer the bi-annual strategic planning process
- Communicate for change: distill complex data analyses to gain executive buy-in and quickly roll out significant transformational initiatives
- Identify KPIs and keep stakeholders accountable for hitting relevant targets
- Develop ground-up reporting to facilitate evidence-based decision making
- Project Management
- Hands-on leadership of cross-functional/firmwide projects, bringing together important stakeholders, helping drive decisions
- Research, perform benchmarking, analyze data, and make recommendations
- Evaluate, propose, and implement the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations
- Assist management team with planning and organizing special events (e.g., annual investor meeting)
- Support Senior Leadership Team
- Act as “right hand” to leadership team to set strategic priorities that are consistent with mission, vision, and values of the firm
- Strategically manage Co-Founders’ time: develop and execute annual schedule of key events that align with priorities (e.g., investor meetings, board meetings, conferences, strategy sessions, etc.)
- Prepare leaders for upcoming meetings by ensuring they have all the information necessary to be productive and engaged
- Assist with development of internal and external communications
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- Current or former Management Consultant with significant experience within an internal PE ringfence or externally within PE or Investment Banking
- A proven record of leading successful strategic consulting engagements
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree required
- 2-4 years of post-MBA level experience in management consulting; manager-level experience desired
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic, keen eye for continuous improvement
- Ability to work well as a thought partner to leaders across the organization and drive internal alignment
- Self-starter who can collaborate cross-functionally, drive strategic initiatives from the ground up, and lead others
- Effective communication skills – must possess a high EQ and the executive presence required for influencing decision-making
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently, adapt and respond in an entrepreneurial environment
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage various deadlines, driving effective prioritization across the organization
The position is located in Los Angeles, CA, with light travel – in office.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2546 in your email.