Our client is a rapidly growing media company producing cutting-edge video marketing campaigns across all major advertising platforms. Utilizing a highly streamlined, data-driven approach to product development, the company leverages testing and analysis to make adjustments that react to users in real time. They offer an adaptive, high-volume approach to creative concept development that is tailored to meet a client’s goals and growth metrics. The company, which was recently transformed and poised for major growth, is well positioned for further professionalization and extensive AI-implementation to attract major near-term investment.
The company is seeking a highly accomplished, top-tier finance leader with a strong systems mentality and operational experience to optimize and drive their growth trajectory. The ideal candidate will bring a rigorous private equity mindset and the ability to act as a C-suite thought partner to this rapidly expanding company. The CFO will play an instrumental role in applying a data-driven, tech-savvy approach to value creation and ensure consistently strong product delivery and transparent return on investment for their customers’ marketing spend.
The CFO will act as a key business partner to the CEO and work to professionalize the finance function, stitch together disparate reporting systems, and ensure an optimal, process-driven approach to media operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Professionalize and maintain accurate FP&A and value-add reporting
- Lead forecasting, budgeting, and financial planning, ensuring robust and accurate cash flow planning, forecasting, and tracking as well as scenario analyses
- Assist in refining finance and accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and analytical processes
- Insightfully present information to senior leadership and other stakeholders
- Ensure integrity of systems and processes
- Standardize systems, develop SOPs, and ensure system resilience and knowledge transfer
- Build out well-defined data flows and processes across the organization
- Track KPIs for strategic goals and shareholder value creation
- Implement best practices in process and technology adoption
- Bring a rigorous, institutional-investment mindset to strategic operations and planning
- Focus on company-wide implementation of systems and protocol for top- and bottom-line growth and optimization initiatives
- Help with diligence, modeling, and preparation of company presentation materials and decks for potential fundraising/investment purposes
- Build relationships with investment bankers, private equity professionals, and others to increase interest and drive potential investment opportunities
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of financial leadership in high-growth, preferably institutional-investor backed companies
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting (including GAAP), budgeting, and cost control principles
- Experience designing and implementing financial and operational KPIs across a business
- Experience scaling a business, preferably in lower-middle market companies and related sectors
- Experience with large-scale company transformations and process improvement
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to act as a thought partner to leaders across the organization
- Scrappy, hands-on individual who can go from a 30-thousand-foot view to the ground-level, as needed
- Effective communication skills, EQ, and executive presence to influence decision-making
- MBA from a top-tier institution
This company is located in Los Angeles, CA, and frequent on-site presence will be expected.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2544 in your email.