Our client is a leading, mission-driven organization founded almost 200 years ago as a regulatory body and publisher of standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food. Through the collective volunteerism of scientific expertise and a dedication to public quality standards, our client helps protect patient safety and improve the health of people by strengthening the global supply chain and communicating expert recommendations.
The Senior Enterprise Strategy Director will be a highly visible role responsible for leading the Executive and Global Leadership Teams in the collaborative development of the organization’s overall strategy. The individual will ensure the organization employs fact-based analysis to set, communicate, and make choices essential to achieving its mission priorities. They will help identify, establish, and refresh the central strategic choices facing the organization around issues of public health impact, as well as revenue and cost sustainability. While reporting to the VP of Strategy, this role will work across the organization and in support of the C-Suite and other executives to apply overall strategy to specific teams, business units, and regions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and refining long-term and annual strategic positions for the organization, in consultation with the CEO, SVP and VP of Strategy, and leaders of major program, site, and operational functions
- Evaluating greenfield opportunities for growth including digital expansion, new ventures, partnerships, and acquisitions, with a strong mission-driving mindset
- Ensuring rigorous and high-quality research, analysis, and synthesis of major strategic issues facing the Enterprise (competitive position, strategic advantages and weaknesses, growth opportunities and threats, and operational and organizational alignment to achieve these goals)
- Helping to align leadership around priorities and critical actions, and leading “deep dive projects” in areas of high priority to ensure the company-wide realization of strategy
- Providing thought leadership and creative insights to help identify, clarify, and resolve complex issues critical to the organization’s strategic and operational success
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- At least three years of experience working in a top-tier strategy consulting firm + at least two to three years of operational experience
- Highly effective interpersonal and collaborative style, including an ability to work highly effectively within a matrix organization, with high-quality engagement and thought partnership at all levels
- Mastery of management consulting fundamentals, including problem definition and scoping, problem-solving, insight gathering, research/benchmarking, and analytics
- Strong understanding of business process improvement, project management, and change management approaches and principles
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software
The position will be located in the DC-Baltimore area and involve a hybrid on-site schedule.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2507 in your email.