Our client is a PE-backed company founded almost 30 years ago as a specialty manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies. While driven by an original mission to deliver protective equipment for hospitals, the firm has since expanded its suite of medical supplies and continues to build on its portfolio of offerings. The firm is the recipient of multiple national sole-source contracts and provides supplies to thousands of hospitals and surgery centers in the Greater Chicago area and throughout the United States.
Working closely with the Board of Directors and company leaders, the CEO will work cross-functionally to identify and implement organic and inorganic growth opportunities. In addition to fostering new partnerships and cultivating existing relationships and alliances, the CEO will help scale sales initiatives, expand into new markets, seek to further broaden the product offering, and ensure a strong market position against competitive encroachment. The right candidate will be an effective leader, team player, and entrepreneurial thinker ready to coach the existing team to new levels, grow the company through new investments, and ensure long-term value creation for all stakeholders.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Work with management and PE backers to design strategic business plans that will drive organic and inorganic growth throughout the company
· Maintain a deep knowledge of market conditions and industry trends to identify new products, partnerships, and strategic business investments
· Foster relationships with key stakeholders in the industry, including customers, distribution partners, and thought leaders
· Bring a strong sales and marketing toolkit to the business in order to drive growth and outcompete regional competitors who are biting into the company’s market share
· Overseeing business activities, with expertise and emphasis on international supply chain and customer delivery issues
· Developing yearly financial plans and budgets, and overseeing the delivery of P&L targets
· Motivating and leading a high-performing organization and contributing to employee development
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
Chicago, IL and will require onsite presence
Please reference job number 2503 in your email.