Our client is a fast-growing, PE-backed company in the infrastructure services space. As the largest independent provider of land management solutions, they serve clients across industries including utilities, electric transmission/distribution, pipeline, transportation, public infrastructure, solar and wind generation, rail, and telecommunications.
Our client is a highly acquisitive company with a robust M&A pipeline. The VP of M&A will play a key role in determining the path of this high-growth platform that will service billions in infrastructure spend over the next 2-3 decades. This VP will work with other senior leaders and financial sponsor to identify and assess acquisition opportunities, develop relationships with potential targets, manage the deal process, support integration efforts, and drive corporate growth initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a strong multi-tasker who thrives on leading acquisitions end-to-end and has experience driving results in a small M&A team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify/qualify acquisition opportunities and own the M&A process end-to-end with the goal of supporting EBITDA growth of ~2-3x in 3-5 years
- Develop and maintain an active M&A pipeline and nurture relationships with potential sellers
- Coordinate management discussions with acquisition targets to assess strategic and cultural “fit”
- Autonomously craft thoughtful workplans and lead all diligence, valuation, and negotiation efforts collaborating with the leadership team as appropriate
- Develop robust financial models to ensure alignment of financial and operational assumptions
- Coordinate due diligence activities across all functional areas and third-party resources, quarterbacking the entire process to ensure a timely close
- Conduct rigorous valuation analyses and business/integration case modeling to evaluate and recommend transaction opportunities
- Efficiently project manage all integration activities, serving as the conduit between newly acquired teams and CLS management, leveraging relationship developed during diligence to ensure a timely and successful integration
- Act as a thought partner throughout the M&A process and present strategic, data-driven recommendations to management and the board
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years’ experience in M&A or Corporate Development, especially strong in buy-side
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong desire to perform
- A track record of success as an energetic self-starter in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Ability to think strategically in identifying opportunities, generating deal flow, assessing risks and developing work plan to address key risks
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to draw insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand the key drivers (good and bad) affecting a business
- Impeccable organization and multitasking capabilities – can juggle multiple balls in the air
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, especially concerning seller negotiations
- Phenomenal EQ and trust-building skills
The position is remote with 20-50% domestic travel, including regular facetime at client’s HQ in Houston, TX.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2488 in your email.