Our client is a PE-backed, high-growth commercial services company based in Carlsbad, CA. The company is comprised of three business sectors providing services that include design and build, inspection, installation, and maintenance for industrial, commercial, and governmental entities. The current organization was formed through multiple recent acquisitions, and the company, backed by the PE firm, will further expand organically and inorganically to reach their near- and long-term revenue goals.
Our client is looking for an action-oriented and hands-on finance leader with proven strategic business acumen and the ability to act as a thought partner to senior leadership. As Chief Financial Officer, you will lead the finance function, accounting team, and the outsourced HR and IT services. In addition, you will build and maintain accurate FP&A and value-add reporting, manage the evaluation and integration of future acquisition targets, derive actionable business insights, and provide strategic advice on issues across the company.
This is an exciting opportunity to partner closely with the CEO to lead the company through significant growth. You will also work alongside a strong management team and experienced investors who are committed to continuing their track record of long-term value creation.
- Build and maintain accurate FP&A and value-add reporting
- Lead forecasting, budgeting, and financial planning, ensuring robust and accurate cash flow planning, forecasting, and tracking as well as scenario analyses
- Insightfully present information to senior leadership and the board of directors
- Derive actionable business insights
- Analyze key performance indicators and provide strategic advice to improve operations (predicting challenges early)
- Track KPIs for strategic goals and shareholder value creation
- Ensure integrity of systems and processes
- Implement best practices in process and technology adoption, including the selection of ERP platforms and other shared back-office processes
- Assist in refining finance and accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and analytical processes
- Lead M&A from target evaluation to integration
- Help with diligence, modeling, and integration of acquisition targets as necessary
- Act as business partner while driving the company toward a successful exit
- Manage ambiguity and complexity
- Reporting and management of credit facilities and relationships within leveraged environment
- Be able to manage in a complex and fast-moving environment to create clarity and synthesis from ambiguous and sometimes contradictory data
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting (including GAAP), budgeting, and cost control principles
- Experience designing and implementing financial / operational KPIs across a business
- Ability to develop data-driven strategic and operational recommendations for all functional leaders
- Mergers and acquisition (M&A) experience that includes the integration of add-ons
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to act as a thought partner to leaders across the organization
- Scrappy, hands-on individual who can go from a 30-thousand-foot view to the ground-level, as needed
- Effective communication skills, EQ, and executive presence to influence decision-making
- MBA from a top-tier institution or CPA preferred
- Experience scaling a business, preferably in similar sized companies and related sectors
The position is located in Carlsbad, CA, and will require frequent onsite presence.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2477 in your email.