Our client is a Fortune 500 global provider for materials and solutions for pharmaceutical, laboratory, and life sciences organizations. Founded over 100 years ago, the company has grown substantially through M&A throughout their history and saw revenues of over $7Bn in 2021.
To continue driving organic and inorganic growth, the company now seeks a VP of Corporate Strategy.
The VP will be a key member of a highly collaborative strategy team and lead projects across multiple areas in strategy. This highly visible role will report directly to the EVP of Strategy and interface regularly with business leaders, affording real opportunity to make a lasting impact.
The ideal candidate is a top-performing strategy consultant with a strong commercial due diligence skillset and background in life sciences or a related industry.
- Lead corporate strategic planning process and drive corporate strategy initiatives across the company
- Identify, define, and articulate industry market, growth, and emerging trends and how they may affect the company
- Evaluate greenfield opportunities for growth through new ventures, partnerships, and acquisitions
- Define and measure key company-wide strategic performance and portfolio metrics
- Develop data analytics capability to support company growth and decision-making
- Support team building by leading mentoring, training, and improving strategy and M&A processes
- Drive initiatives to establish a culture of collaboration, diversity, equality, inclusion, and high performance
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years of experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- Exceptional commercial due diligence and market research experience
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field required. MBA or equivalent degree is strongly preferred
- Experience in pharma, biotech, or related industries is strongly preferred
- Team player eager to develop an equitable and collaborative high-performing team
- Excellent communication skills with ability to collaborate across different levels of experience and backgrounds
The position is remote with light travel to PA, MA, or another Northeast/Mid-Atlantic location ~1 day/month.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2413 in your email.