Our client is one of the largest health insurers in the nation and is committed to making access to high-quality and cost-effective health care more equitable. Serving over 17 million members across 5 states, our client’s pioneering health plans enable patients and consumers to lead healthier and more fulfilling lives. The Position
The Executive Director of Corporate Strategy will work across the senior leadership team to develop and roll out strategic initiatives – in short, to lead the strategy function and shape the trajectory of the company in both the near and long term. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned management consultant with significant experience in the healthcare space.
Primary responsibilities include:
Qualifications and Candidate Background
- Partner with business leaders to develop clear, compelling and ultimately successful new strategies to drive company growth; partner cross-functionally across the company to execute on these concepts
- Perform industry analysis to identify partnerships and other relationship opportunities that will drive strategic growth
- Establish long-range and annual planning processes and success metrics
- Maintain intelligence on competitor and market trends
- Build and lead strategy team in accomplishing objectives, providing project guidance and helping their professional growth
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience of strategic leadership, including leading teams in strategy and innovation
- Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Top MBA strongly preferred
- Substantial experience in the healthcare space
- Strong cross-functional leadership – excellent track record of building productive relationships across all levels of the organization
- Knows how to take the right partners at the right time, influence without authority, and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – a strong storyteller who can connect the dots between high-level business objectives and concrete action plans
- Innate curiosity and ability to flex between big picture strategic thinking and sharp attention to detail
- Ability to develop and execute a plan with a high degree of independence
- Ability to think and plan long-term (3-5 years into the next business cycle)
- Willingness to lead from the front lines and mentor junior team members
The position is located in Chicago or Dallas. Generous relocation package included.
For more information, contact our Recruiting Coordinator:
Please reference job number 2264 in your email.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.