HCSC is the largest private, member-owned health insurer in the United States and is committed to making access to high-quality and cost-effective health care more equitable. Serving over 17 million members across the 5 states of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas, HCSC’s pioneering health plans enable patients and consumers to lead healthier and more fulfilling lives.
HCSC is looking to build out its Strategy team, which will have four exciting core functions:
- Corporate Strategy & Planning: develop and cascade enterprise strategy, as well as a tangible corporate-level execution roadmap
- New Business Initiatives: develop strategy and execution plan for critical new business areas, such as behavioral health, home health, virtual primary care
- Portfolio & Platform Enablement: facilitate capital allocation and provide strategic guidance to drive towards future state while delivering tangible benefits
- Enterprise Transformation: drive the operating model transformation to improve efficiency and enhance the experience
The Senior Director/Director of PMO will sit in the transformation team. The ideal candidate will have a background in management consulting, with good exposure to healthcare projects and a solid grasp of the functional aspects of PMO work. Equally importantly, the ideal candidate with be able to lead workstreams with authenticity and empathy. HCSC is looking to add a Senior Director to the Portfolio and Platform Enablement team. This individual will help to steer internal investments to deliver business impacts and build a future state platform, further leveraging data and analytics to enable improved health outcomes and lower costs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing a clear vision around the future state healthcare platform that connects various stakeholders to serve the comprehensive health and wellbeing needs of HCSC members
- Developing a roadmap to build towards a future state with practical capacity and capability considerations
- Supporting evolution toward a platform operating model to drive efficiencies and support future growth, emphasizing digital solutions and strategies
- Framing and leading strategic planning for major cross-enterprise projects, including large-scale IT and AI-enabled transformations
- Introducing, exploring & presenting justification for investment business cases (internal + external) in alignment with corporate strategy
- Building organizational capacity around developing business cases and conducting analytics
- Maintaining and growing a set of cross-functional relationships to achieve goals and desired outcomes
- Working closely with leadership to ensure alignment among corporate, line of business, and divisional strategies
- Providing oversight and leadership to junior members of the team
Qualifications and Candidate Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience in strategic leadership, including leading teams
- Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Substantial experience in the healthcare space
- Deep familiarity with modern technology and IT stacks – cloud, data management, micro-services, analytics tools, interaction tools, security, AI, etc.
- Strong finance and operations background, with exposure to capital allocation and managing annual budgets and revenue cycle
- Strong cross-functional leadership – excellent track record of building productive relationships across all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – a strong storyteller who can connect the dots between high-level business objectives and concrete action plans
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, quickly evolving organization and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to think and plan long-term (3-5 years into the next business cycle)
- Willingness to lead from the front lines and mentor junior team members
- Top MBA and/or other advanced degree (MS Finance, MPH, MHA) is preferred
The position is located in Chicago or Dallas. Generous relocation package included.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.
Please reference job number 2264 in your email.