Santa Monica, CA
ECA Partners is a tech-enabled talent solutions firm, focused on placing executives in permanent and interim roles with private equity clients. At ECA, we are pioneering the use of evidence-based and data-driven methods to identify and evaluate potential candidates. Our innovative process and value creation approach has allowed us to gain the trust of many of the world’s leading private equity firms. Our founder has recently published a book on evidence-based recruiting and has been featured in HBR, Forbes, and numerous other outlets (to learn more you can visit https://www.eca-partners.com/evidence-based-recruiting).
We are looking for PhD candidates and graduates for our paid internship program where you will gain an understanding of our overall business by working with different divisions and brands within our organization. The program is full-time and twelve weeks in duration. As you begin, you will work closely with one of our PhD Project Managers and focus on learning our evidence-based recruiting methods while honing your project management skills. You will gain experience in using Salesforce and our proprietary recruiting solution, Cascade. During the internship, you will have the opportunity to interact with members of our team, external candidates, and current and prospective clients. In addition, you will be involved in our search-engine optimization (SEO) efforts by drafting thought pieces relevant to our industry. Those that are interested will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time role after completion of the program.
What we can offer you
• An opportunity to actively contribute to a company that is at the cutting edge of talent solutions
• A dynamic environment where you can learn from our team of former management consultants and PhDs, while applying skills developed during your academic program in a business setting
• Opportunities to lead engagements, present to client executives, and learn about various industries
• To be a part of a mission to continue to provide high-skilled employment to individuals in developing nations (we have an office in Manila, Philippines)
• An organization that aims to create opportunities for PhDs seeking non-academic careers (we exclusively recruit PhDs for our Project Manager position)
Qualifications and Candidate Background
• Anticipated completion of a doctoral degree from a top-tier university by 2023
• Outgoing personality and passion for making personal connections with clients, candidates, and colleagues
• Comfortable working independently in an entrepreneurial environment
• Authorized to work in the United States
The position is remote with 2 weeks spent in our main office in Santa Monica (lodging and travel expenses will be covered by ECA for those that are not in the Los Angeles area).
Timing is flexible. We ask that those who are offered and accept the internship are able to commit to the 12-week program.
For more information, contact our Recruiting Coordinator:
Please reference “PhD Internship” in your email subject line.Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.